About Office of Community & Economic Development
Our mission is to advance collaborative and productive networks across the state. We help communities address their unique needs and find new opportunities by connecting them to unbiased, high-quality information, as well as local support and resources.
Our office is uniquely equipped to connect communities to university assets:
CSU captures APLU, UEDA awards for Innovation & Economic Prosperity
In partnership with the Office of the Vice President for Research and the City of Fort Collins, the Office of Community and Economic Development led an intensive self-study effort to identify CSU’s accomplishments and opportunities for growth as an economic partner. These efforts have been recognized by the Association of Public Land-Grant Universities and the University Economic Development Association.
Global Leadership in Sustainability: 2016 IEP Place Award
2016 IEP University Designation
Advancing the Agriculture Economy Through Innovation Summit
Some of the country’s leading influencers and thinkers in agriculture and related fields met at Colorado State University March 18-20, 2015 to explore creative, collaborative and sustainable ways meet the demand for increased food production.
Colorado Agriculture Innovation Cluster
This newly released Colorado State University study identifies geographic, demographic, and economic factors that position Colorado’s Front Range for the emergence and growth of an innovation-led industry cluster in the agriculture and food system.
Passport to the Maker's Universe
The Office of Community and Economic Development and the NoCo Manufacturing Partnership teamed up at the NoCo Mini Maker Faire on October 4 in Loveland, Colorado to help young students explore exciting career options in manufacturing and making.
- Colorado Maker Hub looking to offer a full slate of year-round programming
- Agriculture experts see collaboration as key to growth
- Colorado Apparel Manufacturing Summit reveals promise and possibilities
- In highly educated Larimer County,skills gap persists
- CSU program brings assistance, opportunity to farmers
CED Making Connections
Representatives of the Office of Community and Economic Development will be involved in various upcoming outreach efforts, including:
- Oct. 13-20 – Attend First International Conference on “Modern Agricultural Extension and Technology Transfer”. Ahnui Agricultural University, China
- Nov. 9-12 – Attend Colorado State University Extension Forum. Campus