Office of Community and Economic Development
Food & Agriculture Key Industry Network
In partnership with the Office of Economic Development & International Trade (OEDIT) and the Colorado Department of Agriculture (CDA), our office is leading the effort to transform the Colorado Blueprint work into an actionable business plan. A food and agriculture key industry working group has been assembled with representation from food associations and businesses to develop and implement the business plan. The goals of the plan are to align people, economic development organizations, communities, ideas and resources to focus on the strategies and tactics to create jobs, attract new businesses, and increase the competitiveness.
The Colorado Agriculture Value Chain Analysis
Dr. Greg Graff of the Department of Agriculture and Resource Economics at Colorado State University is leading a benchmark study to characterize Colorado's food and agriculture industry, linkages, and potential. The scope of the study involves:
- Understanding agriculture across all sectors of the state;
- Identifying the value chain of assets, inputs, services, and sources of income to Colorado farms, ranches, and agriculture-related businesses.
- Understanding how the Colorado Blueprint's six core objectives can be met within the Food & Agriculture Key Industry Network.
For more information about these initiatives:
- OEDIT Key Industries
- The Department of Agriculture, Colorado's Food & Agriculture Industry, and Overview of the Department's Strategic Planning Process
- Colorado Agricultural Cluster and Value-Chain Analysis
- Colorado Launches 'Ag Cluster,' Value-Chain Farm Process
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to be more involved:
email@example.com or 970-491-2319
Colorado Maker Hub looking to offer a full slate of year-round programming
Agriculture experts see collaboration as key to growth
Colorado Apparel Manufacturing Summit reveals promise and possibilities
In highly educated Larimer County,skills gap persists
CSU program brings assistance, opportunity to farmers
CED Making Connections
Representatives of the Office of Community and Economic Development will be involved in various upcoming outreach efforts, including:
- Oct. 13-20 – Attend First International Conference on “Modern Agricultural Extension and Technology Transfer”. Ahnui Agricultural University, China
- Nov. 9-12 – Attend Colorado State University Extension Forum. Campus