2020 Engagement Symposium
Presented by the Provost’s Council for Engagement, Colorado State University hosted its inaugural Engagement Symposium on March 9, 2020, in the Lory Student Center.
Part of the Sesquicentennial Colloquium Series, the Symposium convened campus and community to recognize and celebrate the university’s longstanding and diverse contributions to the public good, and inspire a heightened commitment to community engagement for the next 150 years.
The free event was open to faculty, staff, students and community partners.
Schedule - Monday, March 9, 2020
All sessions in Lory Student Center Grand Ballrooms C/D
Welcome and Opening Reflection
- Blake Naughton, Vice President for Engagement and Extension
- Rick Miranda, Provost and Executive Vice President
- Jeff Mihelich, Deputy City Manager, City of Fort Collins
Chad Wootton, Associate VP of External Relations, Texas A&M University; Vice Chair of Community Engagement, Commission on Economic and Community Engagement, APLU
As a national thought leader from a peer institution, Mr. Wootton will cast a compelling vision for the 21st century land-grant institution and challenge CSU to think about its future as an engaged university.
A Conversation with President Joyce McConnell and Vice President for Engagement and Extension Blake Naughton: CSU’s Future as an Engaged 21st Century Land-Grant Institution
Panel Discussion/Q&A – Living our Land-grant Mission
How can community engagement enrich teaching and research outcomes? How can CSU better serve local and global communities? What are best practices for productive and sustainable university-community partnerships? This conversation will feature diverse perspectives from CSU and community exploring the unique value, challenges and opportunities associated with this work.
- Eric Aoki, Professor, Communication Studies
- Lindsay Ex, Climate Program Manager, City of Fort Collins
- Sara Maranowicz, Community Programs Director, Bohemian Foundation
- Mackenzie Miller, Campus Connections Program Manager, Human Development and Family Studies
- Chad Ray, Senior Director of Global Therapeutics Research, Zoetis
- Moderator - Bill Shuster, Clinical Professor, Management
Closing Reflection and Remarks
Networking Reception featuring 2019-20 CSU Community Engagement Scholarship Award nominees
For more information, please contact Yvonne Bridgeman at email@example.com or 491-3440.