CSU AmeriCorps Education Support Program
Supporting Colorado Schools. Developing Career Paths for Future Educators.
An innovative new program born of a partnership between CSU Extension, AmeriCorps and the CSU Center for Educator Preparation is addressing the ongoing teacher shortage in Colorado. The partnership provides training and support for AmeriCorps members to serve in Colorado school districts, supporting teachers and administrators by providing tutoring, after-school programs, and other academic support for students, as well as filling in as substitute teachers. The program allows AmeriCorps members to develop the skills needed to apply to a teacher preparation program at the conclusion of their service year.
Creating Opportunities, Growing Students.
Photo Credit: Weld County School District 6
This partnership means so many things: it makes a difference for our students to have additional resources and support, it matters to our staff to help provide coverage and opportunities, and it matters to the District to grow people in the profession – but it really all comes back to the students. The excitement around this project is not only the partnership between District 6, CSU and AmeriCorps, but it’s building the pipeline, creating opportunities and growing our students.
– Amy Spruce, Weld County School District 6
Join the AmeriCorps Education Support Program today.
You have a chance to make a difference in the life of Colorado students. Consider applying to join the AmeriCorps Education Support Program today. The program is open to both CSU students and non-students. With AmeriCorps and CSU, you will:
- Support tutoring and other activities to mitigate learning loss
- Provide substitute teaching support for grades K-12
- Access training and skills development programs needed to apply to a teacher preparation program at the conclusion of the service year
- Serve full-time in a Colorado school district for the 2021-22 school year
- Impact student learning and improve student success
Get started at the links below.