- Promoting higher education
- Navigating the college application process
- Accessibility of higher education
- Education opportunities for adults
Get in touch:
Accessible Education Specialist: Southern Colorado Region
Sydney Wilkinson is no stranger to Southern Colorado, as her family owns and operates a cattle ranch just outside Trinidad, Colo. where she grew up.
After high school, Sydney attended Texas A&M. She then went into the agriculture industry. Although it took a while to realize education was her passion, she eventually shifted her career completely.
After spending three years as a high school ag. teacher in Southeastern Colorado, followed by three years as an animal science instructor at Oklahoma Panhandle State University, she found herself wanting to get back to her roots and the family ranch.
Sydney is very excited to be part of the Rural Initiative and help serve the rural student population (which she was once a part of). She feels a strong connection with these students and can’t wait to show them the great opportunities out there – no matter who they are or where they are from.
Education and credentials:
- B.S. Animal Science, Texas A&M University
- M.S. Animal Breeding and Genetics, Texas A&M University
- In progress – Ed.D. in Agricultural Education, Texas Tech University
A few of Sydney’s favorite things:
- Spending time on the family ranch
- Cows and animals
- Harry Potter
- Teaching agriculture